Thursday, June 7, 2012

Moving WBT posts :)

(**I'm moving this from the WBT page--sorry for any confusion! Original post dates are listed**)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well, it has been a while since my last update. I should get a mighty "groan" for that! But....I am excited to report I took a professional day off of school to revamp my WBT enthusiasm and techniques! I watched several webcasts and will send in my PayPal money for the certificates! They were great! I have added the GUFF counter to my scoreboard. It is amazing how much "back talk" really goes on in the classroom without me even realizing it! The kids have caught on famously and only get the wording confused because I introduced it the wrong way (that's what I get for being enthusiastic...didn't get my ducks in a row!) They say either stop that, stop please or please stop!! LOL--I told them they'd catch on in a few days!

Another thing they are LOVING is using the timer! WOW, what an awesome tool. We waste Sooooo much time it seems. I started the timer Monday when we came in from recess and were getting drinks etc, before coming to the carpet for SSR. It was a whopping 4 minutes flat. Something happened and I didn't time them Tuesday, but today...we did it in 1:28!!!!! What an improvement (OH YEAH!)

Next, I plan on starting the Super Improvers Wall...they are gonna eat that up!

I also interjected LOTS of energy, built suspense, and let them know how EXCITED I was to teach them about ____. I felt their enthusiasm in return. What a fabulous way to teach. I got lots of hugs over the last two days! Love it!



Saturday, October 22, 2011

We just finished up with our first quarter and parent/teacher conferences are behind us (all but 3).

I love how things are going in classroom as I try to implement WBT! The kids are still responding well to it and love the opportunities for movement, talking and teaching, and mirroring my moves. I'm having fun coming up with motions/gestures to explain concepts! They just seem to start pouring in once you start thinking that way!

Some things I still need to work on:
  • Staying energetic throughout the day! (sometimes I fizzle and I can tell a difference in the room)
  • Reciting rules throughout day (sometimes I only hit once and I pay for it later!)
  • Staying positive and not scolding (this is a definite area for improvement: put on that smile!)
  • Adding new pieces to what we have in place (Super Improvers wall...)
  • Finding an area for the Power Pix Wall (that might have to wait until next year)
I've had the opportunity to share some of our WBT classroom techniques with our Principal, our VP of curriculum and one of our District Superintendents. They were very impressed. :)
It has been such a blessing for me this year.

One thing that helps me is reviewing some of the YouTube videos posted out there and reading over some blog entries. I don't frequent the forum much right now, but plan on hitting it more also. I know this is something I am going to continue learning about and using in my classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...